Interoctavo, LLC – Nov. ’08 – Present
Define, design and deploy consumer internet applications and physical world products. Specific focus on social, mobile and local. Products we’ve released include Blasterous, BattleBo, LocalCauses (MVP), Yafalla (testing), LocalHow (sunset).
- Proficient in rapid iterative design and development, lean start-up methodologies.
- Conceptualized, defined and designed a variety of B2C and Consumer applications.
- Oversaw and established processes for all business operations including Ops/IT, UX Design, Product & Project Mgmt., Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
Friendster Inc. – Jul. ’06 – Jul. ’08
Sr. Product Manager / UED Manager
Responsible for defining product roadmap and requirements, release and feature prioritization, bug resolution, user experience design and usability. Define product strategy based on business goals, key success metrics, competitive analysis and user input. Member of E-staff responsible for status to executive team and board of directors.
Conducted quantitative analysis on business drivers, including competitive analysis, user surveys, SEO and viral loops.
- Delivered business cases, product requirements, functional specifications, interaction and visual designs, conducted usability sessions and user surveys.
- Managed partner relationships and review Biz-Dev deals for synergy and product integration fit.
- Triage and prioritize bugs and product enhancement requests; working closely with Eng., QA and CS.
Yahoo! – Oct. ’04 – May ’06
Sr. Interaction Designer
Responsible for defining the interaction design model for the Small Business E-Commerce platform of products, working cross-functionally with stakeholders in other business units, interfacing and collaborating with business partners.
- Lead designer on the top two priority projects in 2005 and the second priority project in 2006.
- Delivered functional specifications, conducted usability session and user interviews on four major releases.
- Worked with partner PayPal and designed the solution for integrating PayPal services into the Yahoo! checkout flow.
- Spread influence throughout Yahoo! as Pattern Committee member and contributor; gave brown bag talks to fellow IDs and presented at Chief Product Officer reviews.
- Patent participant for Small Business Custom Checkout – USPTO #: 20070043626 – Class: 705026000 (USPTO)
Neoforma – Sept. ’03 – Oct. ’04
Lead UI Designer
Worked on the Data Management System (DMS) application responsible for all aspects of information architecture, visual design and usability.
- Responsible for design of DMS application, Usability Engineering and coordination of UI Engineers.
- Regularly interface with Customers, Product Management, Engineering and QA throughout product development lifecycle.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Information Architecture and Corporate Style-Guide document for application suite.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of application interface components specification.
General Magic Corp. – Jan.’02 – Sept.’02 / Chptr. 11
Sr. UI Designer
Promptu Corp. – Feb.’01 – Aug.’01 / Shutdown
Director, Product Design
Greenlight.com – Jul.’00 – Feb.’01 / Acquired by CarsDirect
Director, UI Design
Streetfusion – Jul.’00 – Feb.’01 / Shutdown
Director, UI Design
CSFB / DBS Technology Group – Mar.’97 – Apr.’99
Head of UI Design
Training / Seminars
Situated Interaction Design in Ubiquitous Computing
Design and Rapid Evaluation of Usable Web Sites
The Science and Art of Effective Web and Application Design
How to Design Usable Websites
Practical Usability Testing
Rochester Institute of Technology